Sunday, June 15, 2014

4 Ways to Style Growing Out Bangs

bangs, fringe, hair, hair styles, bang styles, growing out bangs, growing hair,

If you are in the process of growing out your fringe then you have probably been experiencing that awkward stage where they just want to fall in your eyes. Or maybe they are just not listening to you when you tell them to swoop to the side. They are just too long to be cute on their own but too short to flow with the rest of your cut. Sound familiar?


This is my current problem...
bangs, fringe, hair, hair styles, growing out bangs

Luckily, I have a solution! Here are a few ideas to get those pesky bangs up and out of your face. These 4 hairstyles are super duper cute and require little effort.

  1. The Pompadour: This is probably the easiest of the 4. You simply take your fringe section (typically the section of hair on your front hairline from recession to recession), back comb slightly for a little volume, then pin to your scalp. See, easy peasy! (*See bobby pin locking tip at the bottom of this post)
  2. Twisted Fringe: I love this look because it looks more intricate than it actually is. Starting from your part, create a section of hair about 2 inches back from your front hair line and clip the rest of the hair out of the way. Then take about 1/2 inch sections and roll away from your face twice, add the next 1/2 inch and roll away from the your face twice, and continue this method until you reach your temple. Then pin the end of the twist about an inch back from the temple and unclip the rest of the hair to fall and cover the pins. (*See bobby pin locking tip at the bottom of this post)
    twisted fringe, twisted braid, bangs, fringe, hairstyle, cute, easy, fast, growing out hair
  3. Dutch Braided Fringe: This is my favorite way to wear my fringe lately. The biggest reason I'm currently growing out my hair is because I love braids and feel like I'm missing out on the trend! It is necessary you know how to dutch braid, so if you don't know you'll want to head over to A Beautiful Mess's post with a step by step tutorial (link here: http://bit.ly/1nIDMhv ). I use the same sectioning as with the Twisted Fringe style. Usually about 2 inches back from the front hairline (you can go deeper if you want a thicker braid) on the part. Instead of creating a braid that adds hair to both sides of the braid, I only add hair to the side opposite my face. I like the way it looks better for some reason. It's just personal preference. I also pin this look just behind my temple and let my hair fall over the pins to hide them. It would look cute if you pinned on top of the rest of your hair, too! Can you tell the difference between the two braids? The one of the left I just braided and left alone. To enhance your braid and make it look even thicker, you can slightly tug on each plait starting at the end of the braid. Be careful not to undo the whole thing! (*See bobby pin locking tip at the bottom of this post)
    dutch braid, braided fringe, french braid, braided bangs, bangs, fringe, hairstyles, braids, cute, easy, fast, growing out hair,dutch braid, braided fringe, french braid, braided bangs, bangs, fringe, hairstyles, braids, cute, easy, fast, growing out hair,
  4. Pinned to the Side: This style is a close second to the easiest. Just gather your bangs, push to the side opposite of your part, push up a 1/2 inch to an inch to create slight volume, and pin to just above your temple. On second thought, maybe this one is the easiest! (*See bobby pin locking tip at the bottom of this post)
    bangs, fringe, hairstyles, cute, easy, bobby pin, easybangs, fringe, hairstyles, cute, easy, bobby pin, easy
Of course, there are some products and tools involved in the creation of these hairstyles so I can't leave that out. I am a Eufora hair care kinda gal. If you don't have Eufora at home, you can obviously use a different brand with a similar product that you already love. I just love Eufora!

Products:
bangs, fringe, hairstyles, hair care, hair products, eufora, elevate hair spray, details, dry, spray, wax, touch, up, clear, dry shampoo, pure polish drops, frizz, antifrizz, shine, serum

  • Elevate Finishing Spray: This is my favorite hairspray! It's a wonderful working hairspray so I can layer it and not get a tacky, sticky feeling. It has a great hold, but still moveable. I used this to keep the styles in place and smooth my fly-aways.
  • Details Dry Spray Wax: I love Details for the Braided Fringe and Twisted Fringe hairstyles to create definition and hold. It really helps make the plaits pop.  I sprayed this in my hair prior to those braiding and twisting.
  • Touch Up Clear Dry Shampoo: It's awesome for adding some texture to slippery hair. If you have freshly clean or a fine hair texture, you'll need something to give it some grit. Touch Up does the trick beautifully.
  • Pure Polish Finishing Drops: This styling product smooths fluffy and frizzy hair. Perfect for all 4 hairstyles. Just a drop'll do. I like to add a spray of Details for some added definition.
Tools:
duck bill clips, comb, bobby pins, hair pins, hairstyles, bangs, fringe, hairstyling tools,

  • Duck Bill Clips: I used these to hold the hair I wasn't styling out of my way. 
  • Comb: This is essential for keeping the hair untangled and smooth while styling.
  • Bobby Pins: The only way to keep the fringe from falling in your face! 
*Want to know the secret to keeping bobby pins in place? It's called pin locking. The first pin goes flat against the scalp with the ridges facing up. The second pin goes flat against the scalp, intersecting at at 90 degree angle with the first pin and the ridges facing down. If you did it right, you should be able to wiggle the pins and feel how secure they are. It may take a few practice runs to get it right, but trust me. It's THE best way to keep your pins from falling out.*


Well, there you have it. I want to see photos of your own rendition of these hairstyles. Also, comment with different ideas for keeping those bad boys out of your face.

xoxo, Kayla Nicole

0 comments:

Post a Comment